Here you will find frequently asked questions we get regarding 3Commas Account settings all in one location; have a read and see if your question is answered below!
If not, our fast and friendly support team will be there to help.
I've forgotten my password! How can I reset it?
To reset your password, please make sure you are signed out from any 3commas accounts and click this link: https://3commas.io/users/password/new
The process will then send you an email with a link to click to set a new password.
Please check your emails, including the Spam or Junk folders for any messages from firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I get instant messages from 3Commas regarding my trades?
Yes! In addition to Email, we also support integration with Telegram, please head to https://3commas.io/users/profile and link your Telegram account and enable the notifications you'd like to receive!
How can I "opt-in" to the Beta Test group?
3Commas occasionally publishes new features or redesigned user interface elements to users in our Beta Test group - you can volunteer to be part of the Beta Test group by clicking the button on the https://3commas.io/users/profile page.
How can I delete my account?
If you’d like to delete your account and all personal data, please follow the instructions below:
Please ensure that any DCA Bots, Grid bots, or SmartTrades have been closed and you have no open/active positions on the 3Commas platform;
Login to your exchanges and delete any API keys you created for 3Commas;
After the above, visit https://3commas.io/users/profile and click the “Terminate account” button at the bottom of the page.
Your account will be marked for deletion in 7 days’ time. In the event you change your mind during this period, you may stop the deletion process. After the 7-day period, your account and any related data will be deleted from our servers in full compliance with GDPR regulations.
How do I change my Payment Method?
To change payment method, you can cancel your recurring subscription from the bottom of the https://3commas.io/users/subscriptions page, look in the "Subscription History" table for your current plan and click the Cancel button next to it.
When your current plan next expires, you can buy a new plan again with a different payment method, like Crypto, Debit Card or PayPal.
Can I downgrade my Subscription Plan?
If you are on a monthly plan, you can cancel your recurring subscription from the bottom of the https://3commas.io/users/subscriptions page, look in the "Subscription History" table for your current plan and click the Cancel button next to it.
When the plan runs out, you may choose to purchase a different plan level.
Currently it is not possible to downgrade from a yearly plan; if you contact support we can try to help you but plans cannot exceed 12 months (so converting 6 months of Pro to 24 months of Starter plan is not possible).
Can I upgrade my Subscription Plan?
Yes, at any time, please head to the https://3commas.io/users/subscriptions page - click the upgrade button under the plan type you wish to move to.
If the upgrade button is not available, you have a recurring subscription enabled and this needs to be stopped from the https://3commas.io/users/subscriptions page, look in the "Subscription History" table for your current plan and click the Cancel button next to it.
If you currently have a monthly subscription and wish to extend your plan to a yearly subscription, this is possible by purchasing a yearly plan of the same level you are currently on and it will "extend" from the end of your current monthly plan.
How do I change my Email Address, disable Facebook Log-in?
Unfortunately, email changes for a trial subscription are not possible, please create a new account with your preferred email address.
Email address changes or Facebook Log-in is only possible if you have an active paid subscription and upon request by contacting or emailing email@example.com
My 2FA isn't working!
For the first steps, please ensure that technical difficulties are not inhibiting your 2FA code entry:
- If your browser has any 3rd-party plugins installed (ex: «Privacy Badger» or «I don't care about cookies»), they may block certain functions of our website such as our "Confirm" button. Disable the plugin or whitelist “3Commas.io”. You may also troubleshoot by logging in using incognito mode or another browser.
- Certain browsers have built-in blockers, such as Brave or Vivaldi. These block functions must be disabled for 3Commas.io.
- If your 2FA app is on a mobile device, please make sure to re-sync your device's clock with the cellular network. Given the functionality of 2FA, problems may occur when your device experiences a time change or if it is improperly calibrated. You can also attempt to use the generated code after waiting for 10-30 seconds; so if your code does not work the first time, wait 10 seconds and try the same code again. If the code still doesn't work, wait another 10 seconds and try one more time, etc.
- If you still experience difficulties, find your written passcode created during your 2FA set up and download and install the 2FA app on another device (you can use more than one app at the same time). Alternatively, you can try using an alternative 2FA app, such as Authy, which may alleviate issues related to "Google Authenticator".
If you are still unable to log in, you will need to initiate an emergency 2FA reset. For your security, this process takes a minimum of 5 days. At the end of this time period, your 2FA as well as all API keys of the connected exchanges will be disabled for your protection.
In preparation for the 5 days waiting period, read this article to better prepare or follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://3commas.io/login and log into your account.
- On the 2FA page, click the link "Reset 2FA".
- An email with a confirmation code will be sent to your registered email address. Check your inbox, and if needed, check your filters and a spam folder.
- As soon as you enter the confirmation code, the procedure for disabling 2FA will begin.
- If you have regained access to your 2FA keys, please log into your account or click “Cancel 2FA reset” in the confirmation email. After performing either of these actions, the emergency reset procedure will be interrupted.
- If the procedure has not been interrupted within 5 days, you will receive an email requesting to confirm the disconnection of 2FA and API keys from your exchanges.
- Once you confirm this action, please log into your account, go to My Exchanges, and restore the connections of your exchanges using previously generated API keys.
- Go to Settings, reestablish your 2FA, and back up the 2FA key in a safe place!