For the first steps, please ensure that technical difficulties are not inhibiting your 2FA code entry:
- If your browser has any 3rd-party plugins installed (ex: «Privacy Badger» or «I don't care about cookies»), they may block certain functions of our website such as our "Confirm" button. Disable the plugin or whitelist “3Commas.io”. You may also troubleshoot by logging in using incognito mode or another browser.
- Certain browsers have built-in blockers, such as Brave or Vivaldi. These block functions must be disabled for 3Commas.io.
- If your 2FA app is on a mobile device, please make sure to re-sync your device's clock with the cellular network. Given the functionality of 2FA, problems may occur when your device experiences a time change or if it is improperly calibrated. You can also attempt to use the generated code after waiting for 10-30 seconds; so if your code does not work the first time, wait 10 seconds and try the same code again. If the code still doesn't work, wait another 10 seconds and try one more time, etc.
- If you still experience difficulties, find your written passcode created during your 2FA set up and download and install the 2FA app on another device (you can use more than one app at the same time). Alternatively, you can try using an alternative 2FA app, such as Authy, which may alleviate issues related to "Google Authenticator".
If you are still unable to log in, you will need to initiate an emergency 2FA reset. For your security, this process takes a minimum of 5 days. At the end of this time period, your 2FA as well as all API keys of the connected exchanges will be disabled for your protection.
In preparation for the 5 days waiting period, read this article to better prepare and follow the instructions below:
- If you already logged in - please head to 3Commas settings and click Reset 2FA
- Go to https://3commas.io/login and log into your account.
- On the 2FA page, click the link "Reset 2FA":
- An email with a confirmation code will be sent to your registered email address. Check your inbox, and if needed, check your filters and a spam folder.
- As soon as you enter the confirmation code, the procedure for disabling 2FA will begin.
- If you have regained access to your 2FA keys, please log into your account or click “Cancel 2FA reset” in the confirmation email. After performing either of these actions, the emergency reset procedure will be interrupted.
- If the procedure has not been interrupted within 5 days, you will receive an email requesting to confirm the disconnection of 2FA and API keys from your exchanges.
- Once you confirm this action, please log into your account, go to My Exchanges, and restore the connections of your exchanges using previously generated API keys.
- Go to Settings, reestablish your 2FA, and back up the 2FA key in a safe place!