- Upgrade the tier
- Upgrade the period.
- Downgrade the tier
- Downgrade the period.
You don't lose remaining time when you upgrade
All available time on current subscription applies as a discount to the next payment.
But you might lose all the applied discounts
Our system treats the upgrade in two steps:
- Refund remaining of your current plan to 3Commas subscription balance;
- Calculate the upgrade pride considering the balance.
A refund automatically cancels all applied discounts and recalculates the used period based on the regular monthly price. You can't get a negative balance this way, but you can pay the full amount of your new subscription.
A simple example considers you've bought a year of starter with 25% off, then used ten months of it. That's a payment of 261 USD or EUR. Now you want to upgrade to an advanced subscription:
- Our system takes the monthly price of 29 USD or EUR.
- It also takes the used time of ten months.
- To cover ten months, it subtracts 29 × 10 = 290, which is already bigger than 261.
- You should pay the full price of the advanced subscription.
This difference doesn't affect upgrades on a monthly subscription you took without a discount, and it's negligible if your subscription expires soon enough.